Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Have At Thee!

The wife and I took the boys to Medieval Times in Lyndhurst New Jersey this weekend and they had a blast. For those of you who haven't heard of this entertainment venue, Medieval Times is a dinner and a show where the actors joust. Think Pro-wrestling meets airplane food and you've got a pretty good idea of what's going on.  
The boys were just the right age to get totally into the story lines and the stun-show action. They cheered their favorite warriors, booed and hissed the evil knight (at least until the evil knight threatened to come after them, after that they would just boo from behind his back. 
I had a great time to, but not for the phony fights or the sub-standard food, it was getting to see them totally buy into the experience. This must be what it's like to take a kid to Disney World, was what I kept thinking. In the past I've begged off such trips and events, because I was working or because of the expense, I was an idiot. The value of seeing them enjoy the experience was priceless.  

No comments: